So you’ve finally found the report in QuickBooks that fits your needs perfectly and you want to be able to access it quickly, easily and often…memorize it!
Select any report, modify it by “customizing” and “filtering” it with the information you want to see and then memorize it. Whenever you change the settings for a report, you can memorize the report with the new settings and save it in the QuickBooks Memorized Report List. Then, when you want to create a similar report, just go to the Memorized Report List to find it. Please note: QuickBooks memorizes the report settings, not the data in the report; so if data changes in your company file the data in the report changes.
How do you memorize a QuickBooks Report? Glad you asked…Here are a few easy steps:
1. Customize a report with all the information you need, click Memorize at the top of the report.
2. If you have changed an existing memorized report, indicate whether you want QuickBooks to replace the earlier report, using the same name or create a new memorized report with a new name.
3. In the Memorize Report window, enter a title for the report.
4. If you want to assign the report to a memorized report group, choose “Save” in “Memorized Report Group”, and choose the group from the drop-down list.
5. If you run several businesses or have a multi-user QuickBooks installation, choose the sharing option for your custom reports so other employees will be able to access the report templates quickly and easily.